Friday 25 November 2011

Deck the Halls...

As it’s THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY I went today to check out our local Swedish Superstore’s (IKEA) offerings for 2011. Bitterly disappointed! It’s not even December and it’s all sold out. I only came away with this poinsettia…

In the taxi...


Now in situ at Casa HK…

I then went to Franc Franc (cute Japanese store) to see their offerings…much better!




I’m quite proud of the way my fellow Hong Kong-ites embrace THE SEASON. We Westeners can’t say we are denied anything when it comes to Christmas (except maybe snow if you are a Northern Hemisphere PTT fan). We get real trees imported from Europe, Christmas food from around the world and even a rather excellent Santa complete complete with fabulous beard at one of the shopping malls.

Yours,

Pseudo Tai Tai xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment