Tuesday 27 November 2012

Hong Kong's Questionable Shopping Hours

No matter how long I live here (just over 5 years now!), I'll never get used to the Hong Kong shopping hours. In Australia, shops open at around 9:00am. You can drop the kiddies to school and then get on with your day and do all your chores. In Hong Kong, most stores don't open until between 10:00 and 11:00am. Granted, they are open until late every night, but with my lifestyle, I just don't feel like trundling out shopping at 7:00pm.

Strangely, I think the locals agree with me. Every time I arrive at a store when its about to open, there are already stacks of people milling about champing at the bit to start handing over their money.

Here's Ikea today 20 minutes to opening time:


Thoughts?

Yours,

Pseudo Tai Tai xx

No comments:

Post a Comment