Saturday 17 March 2012

Brother PTT and Y at L'etage, Yardbird and Feather Boa

One of our current new favourites in ye old Hong Kong town is Yardbird - a Japanese influenced restaurant dedicated to the art of chicken...

Yard Bird has a no reservation policy so we toddled down to L'etage for an aperitif. L'etage is fairly new as well and does a good line in moscow mules served in little copper cups.


Our Yardbird table was finally ready so it was time for the ubiquitous cheers and menu perusal..



One of Yardbird's signature dishes is KFC - Korean Fried Cauliflower. I'd describe it as ambrosia on a chopstick...


Here's Mr PTT and Brother PTT tucking into the KFC and the corn tempura...



Here I am... obviously someone had just told a mighty good joke...


I wore a Zara LBD with pleated skirt in case you were wondering and my hair was pony-tailed due to the high humidity...


Next came various parts of chicken on sticks... here are the wings...


Here's my personal favourite - chicken meatball which you dip into raw egg... (actual rather macabre when I think about it in the light of the day but tres delicious in the moment)


Here's Brother PTT enjoying every bite... he's come a long way... as a child he'd pretty much eat a selection of about 5 foods on rotation...

We finished with a chicken skin and pea rice dish... nice... but very rich and heavy... I think next time we'll stick to the sticks...


After dinner, I just had to take Y to Feather Boa for a chocolate strawberry daiquiri... I had everything crossed that we were allowed in but the gods were with us as WE ACTUALLY GOT A TABLE!!! Here's an illicit shot as you aren't supposed to have cameras inside ;-)




Yours,

Pseudo Tai Tai xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment