Sunday 26 February 2012

Zuma Brunch for M's Mr P

Today we all tripped off to Zuma for their infamous free flow champagne brunch. The occasion was M's Mr P's birthday...

Future visitors to Hong Kong be prepared to whet your appetite as you will most probably be dragged along to a Zuma brunch if you join us on any given Sunday...

A little birdie told me that I have a habit of starting every restaurant review with a 'cheers'  shot...  Personally, I don't think anyone can ever over-cheer but due to popular demand I'll start this post with a shot of my first plate of nibbles from the buffet...



Here we all are when things were nice and civil...


Here's my delicious beefy main...


I diligently stuck to peach Bellinis throughout the celebration but some of us slid down the slippery sake slope...


Here's the shared dessert bucket thingie which Zuma pushed the boat out and stuck a candle in to really get us in the birthday celebratory mood...


And here's Mr P blowing out his celebratory bucket...


All the Mr's who claimed to be too full for dessert stepped up to the mark once the bucket appeared...


I've never seen anything sweet pass M's lips since I've known her - she's more of a cheese girl - but she seemed quite taken with this chocolate peppermint concoction. She's either found her dessert du jour or it was that evil sake whispering in her ear... Whatever the reason, I am proudly a dessert girl myself and I found this little confection delicious...


Anyway... "brunch" lasted for some of us until 7pm but good fun was had by all. The poor birthday boy had to fly off to far flung lands in the evening though... And N had to go home to channel Martha and whip up 35 cup cakes for her daughter's birthday celebration at school. See its not all fun and games up here... we are VERY serious about our work commitments and parenting. Speaking for ourselves, Mr PTT and I made it home in time for books and goodnight kisses to Prince and Princess PTT. Might I say that the Bellinis and sake made the expression in Pinkalicious exemplary.

The Zuma Sunday brunch makes it on to the Hong Kong Bucket List because it is fantastic value, they don't hurry you and the food is delicious...

Please note that Zuma on a normal day is good - but not bucket list worthy...

Yours,

Pseudo Tai Tai xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment